Wednesday, April 3, 2013

April Vacation



Found this in the old dump pile in the woods behind our house
I am currently in the middle of my April vacation. I have got the week off from classes and homework, and I even have 2 days off from work! I'd say at this point, I've got a 50/50 split of time spent being productive and time spent relaxing. I scrubbed the bathroom walls yesterday ( how exciting...) and the day before, turned over the garden with a pitchfork to expose some grubs. The chickens had a great time eating up the earthworms and whatever other living things wiggled around in the dirt. I also treated myself to a facial at the beauty school ( you can't beat a $15.00 facial!)


It rained most of Monday, which is fine, it melted almost all of the rest of the snow in our yard, and it was sunny yesterday, and it is today, but it's cold!! 25 degrees this morning. I'm being a bit of a wimp, and waiting until it gets a little warmer to rake the dirt and rocks from my lawn left by the plow.


 
We are getting around 7 eggs a day now....
 
 
What I will do today though is make a birthday cake for Joe...Margie Standish's Melt in Your Mouth Blueberry Cake to be exact. He asks for it every year...with cream cheese frosting. I'm also going to attempt to make my own sushi for the first time....wish me luck!

Tomorrow there is a possibility of a little adventure with a friend to go wrangle some geese. It should be a good time, and I could stand to go more than 5 miles away from this house!


Bedroom window lettuce..about ready to eat!
 
In other spring news, The onions are getting bigger, and the Jalapenos have leaves! I had planned to start flowers inside too, I guess it's not too late if I get on it right away!

 




Mysterious "icicle"...I want to know how this happened??

No comments:

Post a Comment