Sunday, May 6, 2012

Spring chicks

Ever since I can remember, I have wanted chickens. I bugged my grandfather when I was younger, and since I have been married, I have bugged my husband. It was never the right time or place, but since we have been living in our house for 3 years now, with plenty of space, this was the year! He finally said "go ahead" so, before he could change his mind I placed my order though Paris Farmers Union in Winthrop. I ordered two Plymouth Rocks and four Aracaunas. Looking back, I wish I had ordered about 4 more ( why, I do not know, it just seems like more chickens might be better!)
   Progress is being made on the coop- slow progress. My Grandfather (who will be 85 this year) is helping Joe. The thing should be done by the time the girls are ready to go outside.




 On another note, My Grandfather found me this lovely teakettle- in a dumpster at his sisters house. He could not find the top, so he suggested I plant a flower in it- it will " go with" the new chickens...!

No comments:

Post a Comment