Sunday, June 10, 2012

On My Two and a Half Acres....

....I have a house, and it keeps me warm and dry and safe. On my two and a half acres I have a garden. In it, I grow wholesome food to fill my stomach. On my two and a half acres I have flowers, some wild, some I planted. There are also trees, of all kinds, including sugar maples, which I tap for their sweet sap to turn into amber syrup. On my two and a half acres I now have a hen house, which houses 10 chickens. They will give me fresh eggs to bake beautiful things with. On my two and a half acres I have all of these things, and they also have me. I care for them, and I am repaid in kind. There are also things on my two and a half acres that you can not see, like the smell of the grass in the spring time, or all of the quiet nighttime sounds that float through my window. On my two and a half acres I am happy.


          

No comments:

Post a Comment