Saturday, May 11, 2013

Green





Things are getting green again! I love this time of year. It is super busy, but also super beautiful, and there is an amazing energy that the earth puts off only right now- everything coming back to life, even the rainy days are lovely.




My big maple



 I finished school for the semester yesterday, and I have a week before my summer classes start- in that time I hope to get a head start on the garden and a few other projects around the house before the crazy condensed courses start!
 



The garden has been tilled, and I have planted some- radishes, lettuce, beets, chard, scallions, parsley and early carrots. I may plant another row of lettuce and beets soon, but I will wait until the first of June to plant most everything else- we will still have cold nights and frost, so I'd rather wait than lose important things like green beans and corn and have to replant.

Honestly, this thing scares me, and it's hard to work!



Julian, the rooster went to live back at his old house, he was leading our hens too far away-like across one neighbors lawn and on to the other! We have 2.5 acres here, so that really is not necessary!





I was not completely on board with getting rid of him, but I agreed under the conditions that I could get a few new hens, and a new rooster just happened to come with them.  We got a Light Brahma (Daisy) a Cuckoo Marans ( unnamed so far) and a pair of Maradunna Basques- (the hen is Honey). Integrating new chickens can be a pain, but so far, so good.

 
 
 










No comments:

Post a Comment